At times we may collect and process your personal information; this, along with the tools we use, is standard among many sites. We do respect, and aim to protect, your privacy.
What we collect
- We collect personal data that you send us by email and/or when you fill in online forms.
- We collect data about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and web browser, and the pages that you visit (this is about your browsing actions and patterns). These form our website access logs.
How we use this information
- We will only use your personal data to contact you in response to a request by you or to provide information that we think you may want.
- We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use it for marketing purposes. At any time you can ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can ask for a copy of the data we hold about you at the address above.
- Some data we collect from you may be stored and processed outside the European Economic Area. This includes:
- Email (Outlook)
- Mailing lists (MailChimp). You can unsubscribe from our general mailing list.
- Ticket booking (Eventbrite or Attending.io)
- Third-party collaboration tools (e.g. Google Docs and Github)
- Our website (odileeds.org) access logs remain on our own servers which are based in the UK. We use the logs to monitor which parts of our website are being visited, to look for broken or missing content on our website, and to check the health of the site. To do so we need to look for obvious robots and to monitor "visits" to pages rather than simply "hits". The logs contain information that your web browser has provided to us and can contain identifying information. To protect you, we take the following steps within a month:
- IP addresses (e.g.
192.168.1.1): these are replaced with numbers that let us track usage within a single day but not between days. The conversion is one way and no lookup table is kept so there's no way for us to work it out again later.
- User agent (e.g.
CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)): we remove minor version numbers from browser strings as well as some extra information to reduce the potential for this to be identifying.
- IP addresses (e.g.
- By default we use https on our site but we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst in transmission.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), the data controller is Open Innovations Ltd, 3rd Floor, Munro House, Duke Street, Leeds LS9 8AG. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Paul Connell.